Saturday, November 21, 2009

Lynch

It's been a long journey and a bit of a uphill battle for me with this piece. A lot of care and attention to detail went into every waking moment spent while working on it. Not only does it depict one of my favorite directors (David Lynch) but I feel it also captures a very troubling yet interesting time for me. While working on this I managed to go through several ruts, fits of anger and even a lack of motivation/inspiration. A lot had to do with the fact that I just didn't have the time to sit down and think about the piece properly. These emotions and experiences are documented well within the picture and I hope you can see it all. Without it, I don't think it would've even come close to what I was aiming for. It's really interesting how much this effected me and how in the end, I was the one grasping at strings.

No comments: