Monday, August 18, 2008

Shots


I've been meaning to write a blog about the last piece I did, but never got around to it until today. I finished it a couple of days ago, it was a quick drawing session. Which I seem to be doing more and more. I came across some old pictures of some parties I went to not to long ago with some old friends. So I wanted to draw something that reflected the way I was during that time and address a fear I had as I went through it.

There are also some themes of bonding with your friends or even people that you don't really know, over a drink. I chose to express this with the colors of the hands. I usually work in RGB so I found it to be a great way to show a common link between these people. I also named it Rum, Gin & Brandy just because I thought it was cute. This illustration might be hung at my next artshow which will be September 12th. I'll post more details about that soon along with some other interesting news.

Later


-Davel

No comments: