Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Long overdue post + LINCOLN!!!

My laziness is in full effect this month. I've had plenty of time for updates but just didn't bother. I apologize and will offer out handjobs for forgiveness. Anyway, I just posted my latest mixed media illustration, drawing, painting, what have you, featuring our sixteenth president. It's been done for a little over a week and no, laziness had nothing to do with the delay of its unveiling. Since it's a portrait of Lincoln and being the sophomore entry in my "Head Shots" (thanks John!) series, I decided to wait to the 14th to release it. The date holds a lot of importance to its release because its the same day that Lincoln was shot point blank in the back of the head. He didn't die until the following morning and I fully believe that the reason why the bullet didn't do him in sooner is because an eagle flew in front of the bullet, sacrificing itself in an attempt to save our beloved president. As american as it's ever going to get folks. But this isn't a history lesson. It's a look into the bleak last moments of a man who had too much on his shoulders and a look of "Oh shit.." on his face. Mr. Lincoln, you will be remembered. God bless you sir.

On The 14th

No comments: