Sunday, June 29, 2008

Naked Chicks & Dragons: How I became the artist I am today

So I've been working on a new drawing. Actually no, that's a total lie. I'm sorry I betrayed your trust like that. I've had this drawing for probably more than over a year and now I'm finally putting effort into finishing it. This isn't the first time I've done this, this seems to be a goddamn routine with me. But anyway, it seems that lately I've been finding all my abandoned drawing and giving them love and letting them become more than just a black and white doodle.

My recent drawing pictures a young woman sun bathing on a towel. I pretty much finished the pencil drawing of it and couldn't help think about my uncle Benny. My uncle is pretty much the greatest man alive. Fuck Abe Lincoln. Fuck Ghandi. Benny ruled and he ruled hard.

Since I was a wee lad, he taught me the ways of the pencil and how to draw a perfect breast. He educated me and taught me technique that I could never learn at art school. And thats because he's bat-shit crazy.

I've seen him draw countless times but the only thing that I can really recall him drawing are naked chicks and....dragons. I guess they go hand in hand if you really think about it. So maybe to honor my amazingly retarded uncle Benny, I might just have to put a dragon somewhere. So keep an eye out for some drawings of broads with huge jugs and dragons wielding confederate flags.

Next post, I'll show everyone a sneak peak of my next illustration.

Later

-Davel

No comments: