Sunday, July 13, 2008

I May Have A Blogging Problem

Tanked
Ok so this morning I finished a new illustration entitled "Tanked". I was having some doubts about putting it up or not, I think it has something to do with the fact that yellow is not my favorite color in the world, but I did feel the need to use yellow. Expect some tweaking, I see it coming soon. Maybe just to fix the shade of yellow to something lighter, who knows. Anyway, I don't have any pictures of the new shirts because I want to make a few more and iron out the kinks in the shirt making process before I get ahead of myself and show the world what I have to offer. I promise, they look bad ass and would totally rock them everyday of my life.

Anyway, I want to talk more about "Tanked". I wanted to draw something that reminded me the way I would feel when I used to get hammered. It was like a fluid heavy feeling, it was odd. So I came up with this. The circles and all the bubbles in the back represent the alcohol rushing to your head and giving you that woozy feeling. I also used the likeness of someone I know, who I thought was a great representation of a drunk, as fucked up as that sounds. It's not a direct likeness but it was definitely inspired by him and his antics. It's weird because I do like it but I feel weird about it. To tell you the truth I think it's because I pumped this out within 4 or 5 hours as opposed to a year of working on it from time to time. Which is an interesting/terrible way of working.

Working that way always gave me time to see around every corner and inspect every little inch of a peice. So I'm second guessing myself because I'm not working in that kind of time frame, which isn't good at all because I could be doing a lot in that time. Be wary of how you choose to take on your endevours.

EDIT: Yeah, sorry, I forgot to add the picture. I'm fucking stupid.

Later

-Davel

No comments: