Monday, July 14, 2008

Maybe I Am Going Crazy?

Last night I had another weird dream. Sadly, no Batman. It began with me wondering into my basement and discovering a new staircase leading somewhere below my house. Now, ever since I was a kid, I always though that this huge white house at the end of my street had secret tunnels under it. I don't know why, but I always thought it did. The house is fucking huge. Anyway, the staircase was old and was made of rusted metal and old warped wood. I went down the stairs and it took me to what look like a large factory with tunnels connecting to it and going in different directions. There had to be more than a dozen tunnels. Everything was old and covered in dirt and dust. The air was heavy and stale.

I walked around for a bit and saw a lot of old work stations and sewing machines, along with pipes and random items scattered along the floor. Notebooks, pens, cloths, that sort of thing. I look down one hallway with a high ceiling that connected to part of the factory and I see 2 men. One was a tall lanky gentleman, the other was a midget. The taller man starts to run and the midget rides away with him on his wooden tricycle.

I chase them down the hallway and into the black void of the factory hallway. I remember stopping because I didn't hear them anymore and was scared shitless because I didn't know if they stopped to hide and attack me. I walk further and realize that to my left was a room that resembled one of the french rooms you see at The Met. It had that french Renaissance decor. I see the midget and he runs into what looks like a really wide fireplace. I chase him into it but he's gone. Mind you the room is dirty as fuck and has cloths scattered everywhere. There's also false light coming in through the curtains, like someone proped a light to make it seem like it's natural sunlight.

I press my hand against the end of the fireplace, having crawled into it's deep opening. I press my hand against it again and realize that the backpeice moves upward. I open it and run into yet another hallway. I've entered a mansion. It seems that a giant home was built into the factory, but still under ground. With many rooms with false light. I find the tiny man in yet another room and chase him into the closet. I remember this vividly because part of me wanted him to attack me but I tried so hard to control my dream and to change the outcome. I ended up attacking him and then woke up.

I have no idea what this means, but holy fuck, I'm totally writing a story about it.

Later

-Davel

No comments: