Thursday, July 3, 2008

Pin-Up's


I finally finished my latest illustration last night. I had to do some touch up's this morning before I could post it anywhere. Besides that, I had a hard as fuck time coming up with a name. Naming it is always the hard part about a drawing or painting, what have you. So here's a little back story to the drawing. I started working on it about more than a year ago for my girlfriends band. It was an all chick band (they were not my cup of tea), but I decided to draw them a logo or something of a pin-up girl which were popular from the 30's to the 50's. Eventually they kicked her out and I had abandoned the picture all together to explore new endeavors. After recently completing the Big Boss and Vincenzo drawings I explored some of my old note books and came across this gem.

I reworked it a bit, added some color, worked on the texture and went straight to photoshop. I'm really happy with the way it came out. It's really bright, which I fucking love. Anyway, I would love to write more about it but I'm going to be late for work. Those dog's can't walk themselves.


Later

-Davel

No comments: